Thursday 8 May 2014

OUGD501 - Context of Practice 2. Self Evaluation.


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
05
 Module Code 
OUGD501               


 Module Title
Context of Practice


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME

Joseph harrison


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have most notably developed are my research and understanding skills. By being tasked with various critical writing tasks, the essay and the practical brief I have been forced to consider academic source material, contemporary and past writing and theories, visual media and its communicative content.
I think my understanding of socio-political theory and factors has improved and I am more able to recognise cause and effect within societal occurrences/ interactions.
I have also developed my illustrative skills in line with my practical resolution.



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have considered a range of production methods including drawing, printing, cutting and paper craft, binding methods, stock consideration, and digital design tools. I have explored the potential and relevance to my project of each method and have utilised each where necessary/appropriate. My process has improved greatly, in particular my ability to recognise and allocate appropriate methods to various design tasks in line with my project and outcomes.






3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My illustration skills are stronger from this brief and work well with the style of the outcome and its contents. I have used this skill well to produce the content for my publication.
My digital design skills have also improved and I have utilised them to transfer the hand drawn illustrations to the screen and for print.
My paper craft and construction skills also improved through putting my publication together.



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My consideration for research and the information I found could have been more in depth, better informing my practical outcomes.
My time management and deadline awareness skills were also below par and caused me to have to hand in a day late so that is something I need to address and improve on.
My understanding of the most appropriate materials could have been more specifically considered in order to best suit my practical outcome




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
- Improved time management – so that I successfully meet the deadlines and avoid stress.
- More in depth research – so that my practical and academic outcomes are better and more appropriately informed, making them more successful.
- More testing of methods and materials prior to final version – so that my final outcome is of the best finish and quality achievable.
- a greater consideration for the intended audience – so that my outcomes are the most appropriate and effective in line with the target audience and intent of the outcome.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance


x


Punctuality

x



Motivation

x



Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced

x



Contribution to the group

x



The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment